Vanguard Engine Co.1

VANGUARD ENGINE COMPANY

“THE SOUTHBOUND EXPRESS”

Captain – Keith Fasano
1st Lt. – Ryan O’Hora
2nd Lt. – Greg Iskra
Treasurer – John Heuser
Secretary – James Cameron

 

The West Islip Fire Department was started in 1951 with 2 Engine Companies – Engine #1 and Engine #2. Later in 1958

The 2 Companies merged to become Vanguard Engine Company.Vanguard is stationed out of the West Islip Fire Department’s Station 1 located at 127 Watts Place.

We currently have 2 engines: 3-17-1 a 2000 GPM Pump engine and 3-17-2 a 2010 Pierce Impel Quint w/ a 75ft quint ladder.